After our Big Mexican Night, what would naturally follow?
Chinese food.
A bunch of JYMers (not as many as the night before) met up to go to a Chinese restaurant. The food was actually really good. The menu was humorous, in that it displayed like 4 different languages, but it appeared as if it was translated from Chinese into German into English. So the English translations were a little off.
Then we made our way to the center of town for 'Die Lange Nacht' (the long night). It is was a city wide event in which 70 museums open up their doors and everyone takes buses to each of the museums. It was jammed packed with people at some places, but it was really neat to experience. I've already done a bunch of the art museums, but Munich has so much more to offer than just that. Die Lange Nacht lasted from 7pm to 2am...and there was live music and food everywhere.
We started at the Egyptian museum, went to the Botanical Gardens, the BMW museum, and the Siemens Museum. It was a bit cold, but overall a cool cultural experience. Munich is proud of it's museums, as it should be.
Tiffany and I decided that since we were out at the museums until 1:30ish, I have already completed my required Sunday Museum Visit to keep up with my tradition. So the tradition is still going...museum every Sunday...but I might go again today to one of my favorite free museums, I'm not sure. It's tough because not much is open on Sundays around here. For this reason, Saturdays down town are beyond crowded. On Sundays, the only people down town are tourists. All the stores are closed and only the touristy restaurants are open. That's the primary reason why the museums are such a good option for Sundays.
Monday, October 18, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment